Wednesday 11 April 2007

Nicotine, my great adversary...

Ah yes, now here's an awesome subject...I am a quitter. I have been a quitter for a couple of years now, and I feel that the amount of practice I get at quitting makes me a highly accomplished quitter and worthy of financial support in my field of excellence. Sadly, the sports council don't seem to agree with me and steadfastly refuse to acknowledge quitting smoking as a sport (but they'll recognise bowls? Fuckers).

So I'm now quitting again. Unsurprisingly, I'm not a big fan of being a non-smoker, as it means I can't smoke. I quite like smoking - it makes you look cool, and fags taste awesome. But, seeing as the Welsh assembly have used their "You're allowed to make one law a year" card at the It's a knockout competition that is devolution politics in the UK and banned smoking everywhere that isn't either (a) wind tunnel or (b) a minefield then I've decided to take the plunge and become a non-smoker.

The big danger this time though is that when I've previously undertaken quitting, I've not had a driver's license. This is no longer the case. Which means that while I'm undergoing nicotine withdrawal and full of a vicious hatred for all life on this planet, I'll also be expected to drive around in a couple of tons of metallic death.

I can only hope that listening to Belle & Sebastian while driving will have a suitably calming affect.

1 comment:

Gabriel said...

Dude, keep going. Doesn't matter how many times you quit the quitting, as long as you're determined to not quit despite quitting the quitting then you won't end up quitting in the long run at all.

I think.