Sunday 1 April 2007

comicbooks comicbooks comicbooks

To behonest, you should consider yourselves lucky that I lasted this long without mentioning these things. I was a huge comicbook nerd when I was a kid, and despite my best attempts to free myself of their heroin like grip, I still slip back every now and again.

The main reason for my consistent failures to leave comicbooks behind is a book called Daredevil. It's not fair dammit. The story has been consistently impressive for years on end now, and if anything it appears to be getting better.

It's not fair. I'm not going to plough into some overly long exploration of the character, his history and why I think it's such a good story (I just posted that over in the Something Awful forums). I'm just going to tell you that if you like comicbooks, you should check out DD.

I should also say something to people who've seen the Daredevil movie: Shit wasn't it.

5 comments:

Eoin said...

DD is kinda rockin'. What did you think of the Civil War ending?

Gabriel said...

Civil War was absolutely superb right up to the end. And then it was duff...

Eoin said...

I thought the 'climatic' battle was pants. I liked the big surrender and the start of Stark's crazy utopia though.

Joe said...

Really, I feel that the ending to civil war should have been the next issue of Cap.

As it was, it was a shite.

Eoin said...

Point. The 'epilogue' was a far more fitting ending; as it was... twas a bit anti-climatic.