Thursday 19 April 2007

Australians find out awesome things

Over the last couple of hundred years, our antipodean cousins have evolved smoothly from a bunch of criminals into a nation of folk famed for barbeques, crap television and stating the obvious.

So it should be no real surprise that a bunch of Aussies have released this awesome bit of research.

That's correct dear reader, powerpoint is useless. Not really a surprise to anyone who has had to sit through an interminable presentation from some desperate to impress middle management arse kisser who thinks that 'more flashy bubbles = better person'. Seriously, I've worked in middle management, and I've met people who'd make a powerpoint presentation on 'what shall we have for dinner' if they could.

I'll give the last words to the author of this report, one Professor Sweller - "The use of the PowerPoint presentation has been a disaster, it should be ditched."

1 comment:

Gabriel said...

If it's a choice between sitting in a hot, windowless and uninspiring office as my butt goes dead in an uncomfortable chair as a moron of the highest caliber reads out bullet points at a speed a sloth would find frustratingly slow... OR repeatedly ramming my head as far into a wood chipper as I can possibly manage I'll go with the uncomfortable office.

But I'd SERIOUSLY have to think about it first.hampson1