Saturday 14 April 2007

First Ironman film image unleashed on web

Bare in mind that this is a photo of what's supposed to be the prototype of the Ironman suit. Take particular note of the flamethrower attached to the arm. Looks pretty good to me.

I'm actually really impressed that they're going all out and getting the rough and ready feel of the prototype suit right. I'm also looking forward to seeing what Robert Downey Jr does with the role, as he's a pretty decent actor when the mood takes him, and the character should be one that he can get his teeth into.

I would have been interested to see a transcript of the meeting where they pitch it to him though...

"Well Rob, it's a role playing a stupidly wealthy substance abusing playboy who bangs hot chicks, and flys around in a suit of armour."
"Am I going to have to act at all for this role?"
"Well you don't have a suit of flying armour."
"Oh yeah."

Awesome.

1 comment:

Gabriel said...

Awwwwww, you spoilt my joke about an alcoholic playboy with a penchant for high speed tomfoolery!

Great image... Hope they don't do a 'Daredevil' on this one. If they dye his hair blonde for the role I'm going to find a high vantage point in Hollywood and start shooting.