Wednesday 11 April 2007

Lawmen, beating up the wrong guy...

Yes, this is a Life On Mars entry.

Are you really that surprised? Would you like to take a minute and gather your thoughts so that you can adjust to the fact that an awesome television show would be mentioned on a blog by a person that's rather obviously obsessed with modern culture and stuff that fucking rocks? Let's also take a moment to realise then that this is the same reason why "search for the next pussycat doll" will never get more than a derisive mention here (You souless fucks. Why is this shit on my TV?).

RIGHT. So the last episode of Life On Mars was broadcast last night. I want to say that I am overwhelmingly impressed that they chose to stick to their guns and not drag it on, and on, and on like an overweight cash cow produced by a redneck idiot with no original ideas and an obsession with NHL (I anticipate that 2 people will get that reference).

As to the show itself I liked it. I felt that it'd have been better served as a 2-parter, but I can understand why it wasn't due to the unique way that the BBC is funded. It just to me felt as if the motifs of the show could have been explored a little better if they'd had more time.

Anyway, as a little present for those who want it, here's a link to a load of extra stuff about Life On Mars, including news of a spinoff show...

3 comments:

Gabriel said...

LOL, I got the reference... Who's the other guy who's going to get it? :O)

I kinda liked the ending of the series, but like you I thought it was very rushed in comparison with the rest of the series, and a two-parter or a two hour special might have been in order but hey-ho... :O)

I like the idea of Gene Hunt driving around in a quattro though... LOL

Eoin said...

Look at those cavemen go...

Joe said...

Gabe complained that he had no idea what you were on about Eoin.

It's the freakiest show