Monday 6 August 2007

Wow - Smallville doesn't suck!

At the moment at least.

Yes, I've watched it from time to time; and for the most part it's a bit naff really. There are some high spots (like when Bart Allen showed up, or when Evil Lex was in the show) but for the most part it's a bit too much 'Beverley Hills Krypto210' for my liking.

But after saying that, at this point in time, it's worth watching. Why? Because Oliver Queen is in it. Ollie is probably my favourite long running DC hero alongside the Flash, and they way he's evolved over the last few years has only made him more awesome.

Now I realise that some of you won't have clue one who Oliver Queen is, so I shall now tell you that he is - The Green Arrow. There's no denying that when the Green Arrow showed up, he was a bit of a batman clone. He had the Arrowplane, Arrowcar & Arrowcave. But he was like Batman with trick arrows! Prime examples would include the Handcuff arrow, the Smokescreen arrow and the classic Boxing Glove arrow.

These days though, Ollie's moved on and he's a lot cooler than Batman. He's not a dark moody sod, he doesn't spend his life cooped up in a dark and soggy cave, and he's capable of having relationships with people that don't come down to "Fuck you, I'm the Batman." If you're genuinely interested, then I'd advise you to pick up a copy of "Quiver" from your friendly neighbourhood comicstore. I like it.

No comments: