Thursday 23 August 2007

My degree is in colouring in

Alright, now I'm happy to admit that the degree that I did wasn't exactly the most useful degree to gaining employment in the professional world. But I'm starting to get the feeling that some universities are really starting to push the envelope when it comes to creating degrees that are both pointless & bizarre.

The Taxpayers Alliance are bitching about these degrees and are complaining that there are degrees out there that are crap as all hell. Here's their top five -

1. Outdoor adventure with philosophy, at Marjon, the College of St Mark and St John in Plymouth
2. Science: fiction and culture, at the University of Glamorgan
3. Equestrian psychology, at the Welsh College of Horticulture in Mold, Flintshire
4. Fashion buying, at Manchester Metropolitan University
5. Golf management, at UHI Millennium Institute, based in Inverness.

I'm a bit nervous that 2 of the top 5 are in Welsh universities, but I have to admit that I am quite tempted by Outdoor adventure with Philosopy. I suppose I could try for the open university equivalent, so I'm going to take a copy of Plato's republic with me next time I go snowboarding.

No comments: