Friday 6 June 2008

Biting off more than I can chew

So as a part of my awesome surfing adventures, I'm planning on a trip to Portugal at some point this year.

It's a country I've never been to, it's a beautiful and relatively unspoilt land, and it gets consistent surf in wonderful conditions. Being that I'm not one to go for the package holiday deal to Torrimolinos to sit on the beach and drink Watley's Red Barrel (no-one will get that reference), I thought I'd investigate learning Portuguese. After all, I have an ipod and there are any number of "Learn to speak a language" podcasts out there.

Holy fucking shit.

No wonder no-one goes to Portugal - it's because the language is fucking terrifying.

Where's that brochure for Torrimolinos? Oh, and pass me a can of Watley's Red Barrel.

3 comments:

Eoin said...

Hey, when are you thinking o' going?

Joe said...

Might try and head over there around August. You wanna come along?

Eoin said...

Well, we're getting married in southern Spain in late Sept? If you fancy?