Tuesday 24 June 2008

Best and worst covers. Ever.

So, the gitter uber nerds at Total Guitar magazine have come up with the five best and worst covers ever.

The best don't really have any surprises, but here they are...

5. Feeling Good - Muse
4. The Man Who Sold The World - Nirvana
3. Live And Let Die - Guns N Roses
2. Twist And Shout - The Beatles
1. All Along The Watchtower - Jimi Hendrix

The worst of course, is where all the excitement is...

In at number five is Mike Flowers Pop with his cover of Wonderwall.
Number four is Will Young's own take on Light My Fire by The Doors.
Westlife stand proud at number three for their cover of funk rocker's Extreme's ballad More Than Words.
Girls Aloud are at number two with their cheerful slaughter of the classic Walk This Way (I saw this on telly the other day, and I actually threw up a small Mexican orphan boy I was so appalled).
and at number one?
This.

I fucking hate Celine Dion.

3 comments:

Eoin said...

Hurt - Johnny Cash

Monster Paperbag said...

I Just Don't Know What To Do With Myself - The White Stripes

Joe said...

I think we can explain the absence of Hurt by looking at who compiled the list - a guitar magazine.

Somehow it ain't surprising that they haven't listed a song with an awesome piano track.