Friday 30 March 2007

I want to be a proper skateboarder.

I've had an on/off relationship with skateboarding for quite a few years now, and to my great personal chagrin I still manage to be totally naff at it.

It's something that's frustrating about skateboarding. The keystone to the vast majority of skateboarding trickery is the ollie, which is an incredibly frustrating trick to try and learn. You have to tap one foot down, scrap the other foot up and across and jump in the air - all at the same time.

Despite having a skateboard for so long, I suck at ollies. I'm fed up of it, and I'm determined that it's going to change. So here on this blog I'm going to promise to learn better ollies, and keep the internet updated on my progress.

I suspect that I won't get around to it, but the intention's the important thing isn't it.

1 comment:

Gabriel said...

No, intention isn't the important thing. Managing to excuse your failure following your statement of intent IS the important thing.

Or is that just me?