Wednesday 21 March 2007

Budget reaction (how crap are some people??)

I'm not going to go into the budget much, as I have no backgrounds in economics and it'd not make much of an awesome post.

I do however want to draw attention to the lady who was just on the beeb giving her reaction to the budget. Her complaint (and she was complaining) was that she has a disabled son, and she needs a 4x4 so that she can change his incontinence pants. I'm stunned at this one. This woman's justification for driving a gas guzzling giant 4x4 boills down to "my son is disabled and shits his pants".

That hardly seems right. But, as this is a positive and supportive blog, I want to help her out by suggesting that she investigate the following vehicles - The Citroen Berlingo & The Skoda Roomster. Both have loads of space (a friend of mine has the Berlingo and it's awesome), and aren't those big evil 4x4s. So not only can she care for her disabled son, but she can also care from the environment and pay less tax.

In truth though, I suspect that this woman won't be switching any time soon. I don't want to be judgemental, but she looked and sounded an awful lot like a person that the term "Chelsea tractor" was invented for. I mean, if she bought a Skoda she'd have to give up membership of the Sloan Rangers regional croquet team, and I'm sure her bridge club at the WI would be mortified.

Well look at that, I was judgmental after all.

1 comment:

Gabriel said...

Well if she'd have the decency to have a normal baby this whole situation would have never happened.

I'm going to hell. It's official.